Monday 29 April 2013

I Made A Dress... Sorta

Hey everyone, remember when I mentioned all the new projects I've been working on? Well today, I'm going to share my favourite. A new dress!... Sorta.

I found a bunch of awesome green knit fabric at a thrift store a couple of weeks ago. It's soft and light, perfect for a new spring/summer dress.

The dress has a circle skirt, and a tank top. 


It also has a lovely braided waistband...


...and neckline. But that's not all...


Surprise! They're actually separates! I love pairing the top with some jeans. I have yet to wear the skirt with a different top, but that will definitely change as the weather warms up. 


Oh, and one of my favourite parts! I used vintage buttons my grandmother gave me to close up the skirt in the back. I love that they don't match. As for button loops, I used embroidery floss and made chinese stair cases. There is also a hook and eye fastener inside the skirt for extra strength. 

If you would like the pattern, it will be up in my Etsy shop in the next week or so!

Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you look so pretty! I especially love the braided detail.
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete