Friday 1 February 2013

Super Long Black Infinity Scarf

Remember when I gave you a (small) tour of my craft area? Well I finally finished that knitting project that I was working on! It took about three weeks of casual knitting, but it's done! I probably could have gotten it done sooner, but we're moving in fifteen days so I've been crazy busy packing! 



It's super long! It measures about 72" in circumference and is about 11" wide. 


It can be worn as a long scarf...


Or as a pretty shawl...


Or as a hood and neck warmer!


I made up the basket weave (at least that's what I'm calling it) pattern as I went. It's pretty simple, I cast on 172 double stranded stitches, then just k2p2 for 5 rounds, then switched to p2k2, for 5 rounds. I did this 6 times for this width and used size US13 (9mm), 36" circular needles, with double strands of black worsted weight yarn. 

However, if you don't knit, or don't have the time for this project, but still want one before winter is over, you can purchase one from my Etsy shop

Happy Crafting!





3 comments:

  1. Oh wow that's awesome! I love how chunky it is. I received my knitting needles in the mail today, and I'm so excited!
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! Have fun! I can't wait to see what you make!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete