Friday 8 March 2013

We Are The Makers Of What's Next

Recently, I moved into a new apartment with my husband. It's been a lot of work these past few weeks- packing, moving, unpacking, cleaning and organizing- to try and make this new (wonderful) place feel like home. Finally, we're at the point where we can live comfortably and start decorating! I'm very excited.

My first few decor projects are all going to be for my home office. I'm so happy to finally have my own little space, instead of having my crafting area crammed in the corner of our bedroom as it was in our old place. I'm really excited to make it an inspiring place, with inspiring pieces of art.

Here's my first project:
(Super wrinkled at the moment! I plan to flatten it out and then frame it in a simple black frame.) 

I used to love cross-stitching when I was a kid, but for some reason I hadn't picked up a cross-stitch project in years. 
Here's what inspired me: 

I saw this picture when I was searching on Google for vintage advertisements (I love vintage food advertisements as kitchen art!), and I knew immediately that I wanted to make a project out of it. I'm not a huge fan of orange, so I didn't want to just print and frame the image. Instead, I came across my huge stash of embroidery thread (which I often use when sewing my puppy coats), and the rest was history. I chose a pale blue, and a contrasting coral, and tweaked the image to create a cross-stitch pattern (this took a bit of time). I think it worked out pretty well, what do you think?

Do you have any inspirational quotes/images in your work space? If so, I'd love to hear about them in the comments below!

PS- If you'd like the pattern for yourself, it will be up in my Etsy shop this week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment