Sunday 10 March 2013

I Can't Do This; But I'm Doing It Anyway

Sometimes I find myself jumping into things that I don't feel ready for. I feel like I can't hack it, and others at times scoff at my crazy ideas, telling me I can't do it.

Thing is, it often works out pretty well. Just a month after starting culinary school I opened my catering business. My first gig was for a mayor-elect, and his campaign volunteers. Four-hundred people. It was a big deal. I was really nervous. Everything worked out fantastically and that gig allowed me to buy my first Kitchenaid mixer. I feel like I live a lot of my life this way.

So when I saw this blog post on Elise Blaha's blog 'Enjoy It', I was super inspired to make my own version. And I decided to make my own foam stamps- something I've never done before.

It's definitely messy, and imperfect, but that's the point, isn't it? I had never made any sort of stamps before this- I couldn't do it, but I did it anyway. I think this piece will be super motivational when I'm working on a particularly difficult project.

This is the second piece of decor I've made for my office space- and I can't wait to share more as I make them. Tell me- how is your work space decorated?

No comments:

Post a Comment